There is something magical about a soft and cuddly little soul that has been lovingly handcrafted and made especially just for you.
“When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but really loves you, then you become real.”Margery Williams Bianco, The Velveteen Rabbit
I have always adored The Velveteen Rabbit and I feel that it speaks so well to the magic of childhood and the deep meaning and attachments children form to their beloved toys. The becoming “real” process starts early, when I trace my patterns on to fabric and let my mind drift with all the future possibilities in store for the little dolls I create. I haven’t always been a dollmaker, (naturally as a Gemini) I stumbled on this path quite by accident.
In the early days of researching homeschooling I came across the Waldorf philosophy and fell in love with the beautiful handmade dolls. And so I have been on a journey to learn all I can about doll-making since.
- Kindred Spirit dolls are made with the highest quality doll-making fabrics and stuffed with clean carded wool.
- They have firmly sculpted expressive faces
- Weighted bodies
- All seams are triple stretch stitched for extra durability
- Arms and legs that move freely (articulated elbow and knee joints are optional)
- The cutest rounded tummy and cheeky bum
- Blushed with beeswax crayons for children under 3
“Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable”Carl Jung